What is NodeMCU?
NodeMCU is an eLua based firmware for the ESP8266 WiFi SOC from Espressif. The NodeMCU firmware is a companion project to the popular NodeMCU dev kits, ready-made open source development boards with ESP8266-12E chips.
IDE Tools for NodeMCU Platforms
- Three more different kind are tools are available for EPS8266 NodeMCU Platforms, like ESPlorer, Lua loader, ESP8266 Web File Manager.
- Download IDE here
How Upload file to ESP8266 using ESPlorer
- Click “Upload” button in “Script” tab of “NodeMCU & MicroPython” tab section
- Select file need to upload , Eg : ArunEworld.lua
- Double click the file or click “open button” in popup window
- You can see this message in terminal windows, if file upload success Uploading to ESP file init.lua...Success
Note : Make sure you uploaded file is in the list(click “Reload” button in file manager panel at right side)and list out ESP8266 files)
How “Run” or dofile(File_Name) in ESP8266 using ESplore IDE?
- Select the file you want to run or dofile
- Right click the mouse and click run file_"file_name" or click on the file
file not upload?
- if file contains nothing or data not there inside, its should not upload, and show status “BUSY“
Not Enough memory?
PANIC: unprotected error in call to Lua API (not enough memory)
- ESP8266 will get error when you continuously printing something or continuously running a some function
Lua Loader by benlo
- ESP8266 NodeMCU – Getting Started with NodeMCU
- ESP8266 NodeMCU Modules
- ESP8266 NodeMCU Interface
- ESP8266 NodeMCU Interface – LED
- ESP8266 NodeMCU Interface – Button
- ESP8266 NodeMCU Interface – 7-Segment Display
- ESP8266 NodeMCU Interface – LCD
- ESP8266 NodeMCU Interface – ADC
- ESP8266 NodeMCU Interface – DHT11
- ESP8266 NodeMCU Interface – MCP23008
- ESP8266 NodeMCU Interface – MCP23017
- ESP8266 NodeMCU Interface – ADXL345
- ESP8266 NodeMCU Tutorials
- ESP8266 NodeMCU Projects